I was outside this morning with the dogs. It was a beautiful fall day, a bit warm for the beginning of November, but I would rather it be unseasonably warm than unseasonably cool. The tree in our backyard has been brilliant this past month, and this morning I sadly watched as leaf after leaf dropped off. I'll miss all this color in the cold of winter.
Friday we went up to church for our Fall Festival. Silas was adorable in his Illinois football outfit, complete with black lines under his eyes. He looked incredibly strong and handsome...what a little man. By the end of the night the black was smearing and looked like he'd been through a long, tough game.
We have been so thankful for new and dear friends here in Louisville. It was fun to see several of them at the fall festival, including Charis and William, who dressed up their dog, Jake. We love dog people! Charis already posted some good pictures of other church friends at the festival.
.
Silas is four months old today. His new favorite pastime is to grab both feet...he thinks it's great and much more fun than any toy we put in front of him. It is also my Papa's birthday. I love you, Papa, and all your wisdom and guidance along with the heritage of godliness you've lived out before us. Silas is blessed to have you as great-Papa.